Passwords in HireTrack NX are encrypted and can only be reset by the user. Because many email programs such as gmail™, Outlook365™, Apple ICloud™, etc. requires users to change their passwords regularly, System Administrators will sometimes forget to update their email password stored in HireTrack. This results in frustration as users are not able to reset their passwords and are, in effect, locked out of the system as their temporary password was not sent due to an authentication or password error on the HireTrack_Admin aka the System Administrator Account.
This video explains how to correct this problem, and written instructions are below:
To correct an authentication error when trying to reset your password.
- Click the System Admin Radio Button on the login screen and enter the System Admin password to start HireTrack.
- Go to Software Configuration | General | Users
- Locate the HireTrack_Admin account and click on it
- In the SMTP Password, enter the correct EMAIL PASSWORD (Not the System Admin HireTrack Login Password). After entering, press the Tab on your keyboard and verify below the USER SETTINGS SAVED.
- Now, Test the email is working by changing from USERS to RULES in the Configuration Menu
- Locate the Connectivity Panel and Press the TEST EMAIL button.
- If you receive the email in your inbox... the Forgotten Password function will be restored.