In order to allow the user to autoupdate RentalDesk NX, by default the application runs in a special administrator mode. This administrator doesn't have access to any mapped network drives, so trying to export a document to the network is not possible.
There are two alternative ways to resolve this issue.
1. Run RentalDesk NX as a regular user - this will stop autoupdates but the mapped drives will be available.
2. Additionally map the drives for the special administrator user.
Option 1 - set RentalDesk NX to run as a regular user.
1. Right click on the RentalDesk NX desktop icon, select properties and then press the Open File Target button.
2. In the folder that opens, navigate to the file rentaldesk.exe.manifest
3. Right click on the file and select Open - if Windows prompts for the program to use, select Notepad.
4. Change the line <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" /> to <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" />
5. Save the file - in the Notepad save dialog change Save as type:from "Text File" to "All Files" - to the desktop
6. Close Notepad
7. Copy the file from the desktop over the top of the existing rentaldesk.exe.manifest file
Option 2 - Map the drive for the Admin user.
1. Open a Command prompt in Windows (Command icon in Windows | System)
2. In the command prompt type
Windows will then display the in use drive mapping e.g
z: \\Davids_PC\Data drive
Make a note of this
3. Close the Command window
4. Right click on the command icon and select Run as Administrator - if the user account manager pops up, answer Yes
5. in the CMD windows type the information Windows gave you when you previously ran the Command window - NOTE the addition of the " " around the server\sharename e.g
net use z: "\\Davids_PC\Data drive" /Persistent:YES
Windows will respond that the command has been completed successfully
Now the mapped drive will be available within RentalDesk NX